Your Roomba Not connecting to App may occasionally result; Internet problems are never fun, especially when your smart home tech relies on it. Whether it drops an existing network connection, displays or sounds a “not connected” message, or has trouble connecting to a network, internet problems are never fun. Having said that, we’re here to assist you.
Roomba may not connect to the app because maybe the app is under maintenance, the network is connected poorly, or other factors affect the app. As such, your Roomba can’t connect to the App. Below are a few things you might try if your Roomba is having trouble connecting to App.
Why Isn’t The Roomba Connecting To App?
There could be several reasons why the iRobot App isn’t working. It’s possible that the Roomba App server is offline or that the app is undergoing maintenance. Other than that, several other difficulties can cause your service to be disrupted. However, the most prevalent issue is that the Roomba App does not open. For obvious reasons, this can be a major issue, particularly for people who use it on a regular basis.
How Do I Fix A Roomba Not Connecting To The App?
Using all of the tried and true options mentioned, here’s what you can do to get the Roomba Connected app up and running again.
Examine Your Internet Connection
The Roomba isn’t connected to the app because the internet connection isn’t functional. A loaded issue in a mobile app can occur in various scenarios. It’s conceivable that the Roomba HOME app server is unavailable, resulting in a loading issue. After a few moments, please try again.
Your WiFi or mobile data connection isn’t working properly. Please verify your internet connection once more. Make sure your phone and Roomba are connected to the same WiFi network.
Force Stop The App
How to force stop the app;
- Application that is forced to stop
- Select application
- Roomba from the drop-down notification on your Android phone.
- Scroll through the apps list until you find the iRobot app and press force stop.
- Try launching the app again after a few seconds.
The Roomba should be reset. If the first two options don’t work and the Roomba App continues to malfunction, it’s time to reset the device.
The iRobot App Isn’t Operating Properly
Press and hold the CLEAN button on your Roomba for 20 seconds. Then, as the white LED light on the bin lid turns clockwise, do the same. This will help the app function properly.
The App Should Be Uninstalled And Reinstalled
On iOS, tap and hold the iRobot Home icon on the home screen until all of the app icons begin to shake. Then, on the program icon, confirm your action by pressing the red uninstall button.
Hold down the app icon on Android until the Uninstall option displays. Similarly, you may delete an app by dragging it to the top of the screen and pressing the delete button.
How Do I Connect My Roomba To My App
To complete the app setup process, use the following information.
Install the iRobot HOME App on your smartphone or tablet.
- iOS is compatible with versions 11 and up of Apple’s operating system.
- Compatible with Android 7.0 and higher operating systems.
- Connect the Home Base Charging Station or Clean BaseTM to electricity after placing it on a level, obstacle-free surface in an area with adequate app coverage.
- Remove the yellow battery pull tab and the yellow bin insert if your robot has them.
- Place the robot on the platform and make sure it’s turned on.
- Select “Add a Robot” from the iRobot HOME App after creating or signing in to your account.
- Connecting Roomba ComboTM to the iRobot HOME App Select the type of Robot you’re installing and follow the steps in the app. Connecting Roomba ComboTM to the iRobot HOME App
- Select “Add a Robot,” then “Roomba,” and finally “Roomba Combo” to add this robot.
Step 1: Complete The Checklist For Setup
Know the name of your app network and the password to your Wi-Fi network. Note that only 2.4GHz communication is supported for Roomba Combo robots. Please connect to your 2.4GHz network if your phone is currently linked to a 5GHz app network. For more information on 2.4GHz vs. 5GHz networks, go here.
Step 2: Enable Location Services During Setup
Your Roomba Combo will try to find and connect to your Wi-Fi network throughout the setup. This can only happen if you allow location services.
- Select “Allow while using the app” from the drop-down menu.
- Placement of the Home Base Charging Station in Step 3
- Check that the Home Base Charging Station is in the correct location:
Step 4: Give Your Robot A Name “Roomba” Is Already Pre-Installed, But What Will You Give Your New Robot?
Create a name for your Roomba and save. This will help you remember your device and also help you personalize it.
Step 5: Connect The Roomba Combo To The Internet
The Wi-Fi network’s name to which the mobile device is currently connected will be displayed in the iRobot HOME App.
Step 6: Select The 2.4GHz Network
Tap “Continue” if the 2.4GHz network is already selected. If the 5GHz network is active, press “Change Wi-Fi network” and select the 2.4GHz network from the drop-down menu.
With an iOS device, pick the Wi-Fi network in the iRobot HOME App and change the network in the mobile device’s settings to set up Roomba on a new network. Then check the box on the screen if no password is required and continue.
Step 7: Turn On The Roomba Combo
This step activates Roomba’s internal Wi-Fi network, which allows your smartphone to find the robot. Ascertain that the Robot is turned on and awake. Look for the Wi-Fi indication light while the robot is on the Home Base. It needs to flicker slowly.
If not, open the lid and make sure the Power button is set to “On” (|) before closing it.
- To wake up the robot, press the Clean button.
- To activate the robot, follow these steps:
- Remove the lid.
- Press and hold the RESET button for 1 second before releasing it. A beep will be heard.
- In the App, confirm the step by checking the “pressed the button” box and pressing continue.
- This turns on the Roomba combo’s internal Wi-Fi network, allowing your device to find the Robot.
- Allow the App to connect to Roomba’s Wi-Fi network on your device by tapping “Join.” This is only a temporary link.
- Roomba will get the information from your device and complete the setup process.
Once the setup is complete, and you see “Connected,” you may use the iRobot HOME App to control the Roomba Combo. If you’re having trouble connecting, make sure you’ve followed the Wi-Fi setup instructions. Please go to Roomba Wi-Fi Setup if you need help with the Wi-Fi setup process.
What Is The Procedure For Resetting The Roomba App?
You’ll need the Roomba companion app to perform a hard reset on a Roomba bot. All user data from your vacuum, the app, and the Roomba cloud is erased when you perform a hard reset. Open the Roomba app, tap Settings; then Factory Reset to perform a hard reset. After that, your Roomba will start resetting.
Is It Possible For More Than One Individual To Use The Roomba App?
You can connect an unlimited number of Android or iOS mobile devices to a single Wi-Fi-capable robot. You can link up to 10 robots to your account on the iRobot® HOME app. If you want to connect with more than ten people, you’ll need to create a new account and use a different mobile device.
How Can I Move Roomba To A Different Account?
Enter an email address that has never been linked to an iRobot account before. All of your robot and account data will be instantly transferred to the new account. Simply ensure that you have access to the email in order to obtain the verification code. Log out of the app and re-enter your email address.
What Is An iRobot App Used For?
The Roomba is designed to work on its own, like a silent cleaning warrior. It can self-charge and even self-clean, depending on the model you choose. A significant chunk of the Roomba’s capabilities are related to the iRobot Home app, which allows you to map out the floor space, check data about the Roomba vacuum, plan cleaning routines, and more.
We live in a technologically evolved period in which wireless communication, business, and other endeavors are possible. As a result, cutting-edge technology, ranging from smartphones to vacuum cleaners, is sweeping the globe. The iRobot Roomba is one such product that makes the tedious task of house cleaning a breeze.
Conclusion On Roomba Not connecting to App
Although the manufacturer provides plenty of support in the form of regular updates, the app isn’t immune to errors and crashes. Several iRobot Roomba customers have complained that the app frequently fails to connect with the robot vacuum cleaner, and here’s how to repair it.